HOW TO - FACEBOOK
How to ADD a friend on Facebook?
- Click the search bar at the top of any page.
- Type your friend's name, email or mobile phone number in the search bar and click. If you don't see your friend, try clicking People.
- To send someone a friend request, click Add Friend next to their profile picture.
How do I post to my timeline?
Your timeline is where you can see your posts or posts you've been tagged in displayed by date. Your timeline is also part of your profile. You can post to your timeline either from the top of your timeline or from News Feed:
- From the top of your timeline or News Feed, click what type of story you want to share (ex: Status, Photo/Video)
- Type in any details you want to add
- You can also:
- Tag friends
- Pick a date for the story
- Add a location
- Add a photo
- Add how you're feeling or what you're doing
- Select an audience for your post
- Click Post
Note: You can only add a Life Event from your Timeline.
How to make a Video Call on FB:
Facebook now allows you to make FREE video calls via the Messenger mobile app or on your desktop!
To video chat on Facebook:
- Click at the top right of the screen.
- Open a conversation with the person or people you want to video chat with.
- Click in the top right corner of the chat window.
How to SAVE something to view it later?
You can save and bookmark some of the things you see on Facebook to view later, like the links or videos your friends' post, upcoming events, Pages or photos.
To save a post:
- Click in the corner of the post
- Select Save Post
To save a Page:
- Select Save
To save an event:
- Select Save
How to download my information/data from Facebook?
You can download your information from your settings. To download your information:
- Click at the top right of any Facebook page and select Settings
- Click Download a copy of your Facebook data at the bottom of General Account Settings
- Click Start My Archive
Because this download contains your profile information, you should keep it secure and be careful when storing, sending or uploading it to any other services.